Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Coffee, a Book and a Cupcake...

What a delicious way to spend a perfectly sunny Sunday morning!  I don't usually eat cupcakes for breakfast (but I admit I have).  I was curious about these because I made them late last night out of sheer boredom and didn't try one before going to bed.  I've been on a cupcake kick lately, possibly fueled by a combination of my ever-present sweet tooth and the numerous cupcake shows on television.  These are chocolate-espresso cupcakes with latte frosting so why not have one for breakfast?  In my humble opinion, they are pretty yummy but it takes a lot for me to dislike a cupcake so I may not be the best judge...


As for the book, right now I'm reading One Fifth Avenue by Candace Bushnell and I just started chapter five.  To be honest, I might spend a total of five more minutes on it.  I don't usually read Candace Bushnell (I've never read Sex and the City) but I'm a big fan of the short-lived TV show Lipstick Jungle and just watched both seasons (again) over the course of two weekends.  So, I thought I'd give this book a try.  But I'm getting lost with all of the characters and I usually have to be in the mood for a book like this, which I'm not.  I'll hang in there a little longer but I'm not hopeful I'll see the end.


2 comments:

  1. I am obsessed with cupcakes and have been known to eat them for breakfast as well :) I too loved Lipstick Jungle and was so sad when they canceled it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment, Anne! I thought about naming my blog "Coffee, a book and a cupcake" because that pretty much sums up my life! :)

    ReplyDelete