Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Octo-Inspired

I don't know about you but I watch a lot of HGTV and have been a big fan of David Bromstad's since he won the first season of HGTV Design Star in 2006.  One of the best parts of his decor in my humble opinion is the signature art pieces he creates specifically for the homeowners he is designing for.  So imagine my surprise when I found out via Apartment Therapy that reproductions of his art can be purchased!  This particular piece just awes me:

I've had this piece on my brain for a while and because I know this exists, I get all giddy now whenever I come across octopus-inspired home decor.  In fact, I think the picture in this room from DecorPad is pretty darn cool:


Now, I must stress here that I have an aversion to squid (calamari included) and most marine life in general.  Octopus decor can be cute (as in children's decor) or downright freaky because let's face it - they are pretty scary!  So the fact that I'm slightly drawn to these items below makes me think I'm going crazy.  But I think they make for interesting decor and one of them just might end up living in my house.  Maybe.

A dinner plate from Anthropologie:

A hook from Anthropologie:

A pillow from Etsy:

A cookie cutter from Amazon:

A decorative accessory from Z Gallerie:

And a fun recipe from Family Fun Magazine:


I don't expect octopuses (octopi?) to invade my home the way the elephants have but I might have to get one.  I especially like the hook but I should probably buy something for my home that isn't gray/black/white for once.  Unless it's a cookie cutter.





No comments:

Post a Comment