Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A New Read

It's not very often that I buy a brand new book in it's hardback version.  Usually I either wait until it's printed in paperback or I find it used online.  On the rare occasion though an author will come out with a new book that I just have to have, like right now.  So is the case with Michael Harvey, my favorite author of Chicago mystery out there.  It's not Pulitzer-winning literature by any means but in my opinion it's just simple great fun and it sucks me right in every time.
So I was beaming with joy when I was able to get my hands on his latest Michael Kelly thriller We All Fall Down.  Kelly, a private investigator, searches for who is poisoning and killing people in Chicago's subway system.  Biological weapons! Murder! Mystery!  I'm already hooked and have only read the prologue so far.  If you need me, I'll be tucked in a corner somewhere paying you no mind while I engross myself in this fun little nugget.  I'll let you know how it goes.  The last book I was struggling to finish reading (referenced here) doesn't stand a chance now...

No comments:

Post a Comment