Pages

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Elephant-astic!

I heard a long time ago that elephants are supposed to be good luck.  This was based on Ganesha, the Hindu Lord of Success or, as he is sometimes known, the Hindu God of Good Luck.  Some people say the trunks have to be up.  Others say it doesn't matter.  I'm not even going to pretend I know the traditions of Hindusim but I think the creatures are well, cute, so I thought bringing one or two into my new home for a little good luck shouldn't hurt.  Next thing I knew I had one in almost every room.  Here are the little guys who now keep me company:

These two are in my dining room and make sure I don't eat or drink too much ;).  I got the wine stopper on sale from Zgallerie and the other is another bargain from HomeGoods:
I found this sugar bowl on Amazon.com and put him in my kitchen on my stove.  His sweet grin (no pun intended) makes me smile:
These two are both in my living room and adorn the fireplace.  I found the odd and somewhat creepy decorative one on the mantle at HomeGoods and the planter on the floor came from Zgallerie:
 This little guy from Cardboardsafari.com sits on top of the tv in the guest bedroom:
And this ring holder from Red Envelope is in my bedroom.  Small but pretty and functional:

I don't own this guy but I found him at Urban Outfitters.  It's an ashtray but I don't smoke...so we'll see if I find a need for him. 
Eventually I'll have to say enough is enough.  I don't want to be know as the crazy elephant lady :)
  

No comments:

Post a Comment